About the Okinawa Diet program
Discover the Okinawa Diet program
The Okinawa Diet program adapts traditional
Okinawan dietary principles for a delicious blend of East and West
so that anyone can reap the very same benefits of the leanest and
longest-lived people on earth.
The Okinawa Diet program is a revolutionary
approach to health, longevity, weight loss, and weight maintenance
that is easy to follow and simple to maintain.
- Key concepts
- How it works
- More on the the diet:
- The food pyramids
- In order to lose weight, you must burn more calories
than you consume.
- 1 lb of Fat is 3500 Calories: to lose a pound a week, consume
3500 fewer calories per week than you expend.
- This amounts to 500 calories a day.
- The best approach is to decrease caloric intake and increase
- Decrease Caloric Intake
- Caloric Density is an important concept for healthy weight
management in the Okinawa Diet. Caloric Density is simply the number
of calories per amount of food. An example of a high CD food would
be Pork Bacon (5.8) and a low CD choice would Strawberries
- We all need to eat a certain amount of food to feel comfortably
full; so cutting back too much on the amount of food we eat is the
wrong approach to weight loss.
- The best approach is to eat the same amount of food but to
reduce the caloric intake by reducing the caloric density of each
- Increase Energy Expenditure
- Fortunately for us we burn calories by doing virtually nothing.
This leads to another important concept called Baseline Output or
(Basal Metabolic Rate - BMR). This is the amount of energy we burn
in a typical day without additional exercise.
- There are two ways to increase our daily energy expenditures:
Increase our Baseline Output and burn more calories with extra
- Baseline Output can be increased by exercise and developing
more lean body mass (muscles).
- The best approach is a fitness program that combines muscle
strengthening and aerobic (cardio) activity in a very powerful
How it works
- Take the health assessment and define your
- Goals - lose weight, better overall health or a decrease in
body fat weight. It's up to you!
- Current Health - This will help in determining appropriate diet
selections and fitness programs.
- Preferences - This will help in personalizing the diet and
- BioMarkers - Enter in your information and we will calculate
important indicators that we'll use in the next step to monitor
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Percentage of Body Fat
- Baseline Output
- Monitor Progress with our Health Tracker:
- What I Ate
Meal Planner - You can follow the suggested
meal plans and substitute your favorite recipes when you feel like
it. The meal planner will automatically calculate the calories
consumed for you. Once you have selected the meal plan for the
week, you can print out a shopping list of the ingredients.
- What I Did
Select the activity and intensity level from the calorie burner
chart. The calories burned will be used to calculate the final
- What are my results?
By monitoring your calories consumed and activity level we will
be able to calculate the total calorie deficit. Regular weigh in
and body fat measurements can also be used to chart your
- What I Thought
What you are thinking and feeling is crucial to your success.
Use the journal to write down what you are feeling, what seems to
work for you and what is not. If you are feeling fatigued, anxious
or unmotivated, We will offer coping strategies and tips to keep
- Who can I Talk To?
The support of the Okinawa Diet community is
always with you by visiting the chat rooms and message boards. Here
you can find others that share the same goals, interests and